Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Question #113 - What's my most favorite movie, book, poem, or song?

I have three favorite movies that I could watch over and over and over, and probably never get tired of them! One is Monty Python & The Holy Grail. I heard friends in high school quote this movie, and had no clue what the heck they were talking about. It wasn't until probably college that I saw the movie, and I LOVED it!! I can't even begin to count how many times I've seen it, and now I own the special edition version, and I play it when I feel like quoting an entire movie!

Pretty Woman is one I fell in love with years ago, and every time it comes on tv (usually TBS!), I watch it. That includes if they play it three nights in a row. I end up watching it over anything else. I know, crazy!

Steel Magnolias is another great movie, and it is one that will forever remind me of my sistores (sisters). It's one we could probably all sit together and quote, and we often do when we talk about stuff. This movie is another one that I will watch if I see it on tv!

One of my favorite books was Island of the Blue Dolphins, by Scott O'Dell. I still read it occasionally. I think I liked it so much because it was so descriptive to me when I was a little girl, and the images I had in my head were almost real, like I was a part of the story. I have read hundreds of books since then, and that one always sticks out as my favorite!

I really don't have any favorite poems. As for songs, my favorite one is Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, by Cyndi Lauper!! I have told people that I'd like that song played at my funeral, but I'm pretty sure the priest would highly disapprove!! lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL..I thought Pinks...Get the party started would be agreat funeral song...but sure they may disagree...But hey I would like a happy place and that just sounds like me;))I love that song too..I had that on Kareoke(sp?)LOl

Take care..Pretty Woman is also a fave of mine and Steel Magnolias, I watched again a few months ago...