Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Question #108 - Am I pleased with what I look like? If I could change any part of myself, what would it be?

I was not comforable with how I looked until probably the past 7 years or so. I really hated how I looked growing up. I had huge glasses, lots of acne, braces for several years, and I just did not think I was all that pretty. I never had a boyfriend in high school, and I never got asked out until I was a junior in college, so I thought a lot of that had to do with my looks.

I think I have gotten a bit more confidence in myself over the last several years, funnily enough, after needing to wear oxygen a lot more. I think the fact I wear it has made me not care what people think. I've also gotten a lot of compliments on my looks, many from complete strangers. I figured if they think that I'm hot, I guess I must be! LOL!

I think the one thing I'd change about myself is probably my skin. I still deal with acne, and I can't tell you how frustrating it is. I keep trying new skin products, and I even asked my gyn about going on Yaz, which is supposed to help with acne. While I think it's helping a little, it's still early to tell whether or not it's actually going to really work. It's just frustrating to be 33 and STILL dealing with acne!!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I think you are a beautiful woman.

Now on the acne issue, my son Carlos has acne. I used to buy him Proactive and it would work, but as soon as he stopped using it. The acne would come back. So there we were buying this expensive product. Then one day my sister told me about her son also having acne and how he was buying proactive also. Well my sister being who she is found a product made by Oil of Olay. it has the same ingredients as Proactive and it is much cheaper. My son loves it! I don't know the name. But when he comes home I can aske him :)
Take care!

Anonymous said...

You are HOT....

and I also deal with acne at the age of...35...not too bad but enough to annoy me...I will have to look for that Oil Of Olay product...Let me know when Cathy tells ya.

Take care

Hope you are doing good...
Love & hugs,
Jen