Thursday, July 7, 2005

Question #70 - Bicycle, Bicycle!

Did you have a bicycle, and if so, what was it like?  Tell about riding it. Where did you go?

I had a bike when I was about 11 or 12.  It took me a while to get used to riding it, since I actually had a fear of trying to balance it.  But once I got the hang of it, I would ride up and down our street, and in the alley.  When I was 13, I think, I was riding it down to the corner (right across the street from where I live now), and when I made the left turn around the corner, I lost my balance and hit the tree.  I fell off the bike and when I tried to get back up, I couldn't stand on my right foot.  I had sprained my ankle!  I had no idea how I was going to get home, until I saw my mom walking down the street to go to our school to work bingo.  She went back and got my dad, and from then on, I never rode a bike again!

No comments: