Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Question #57 - Lessons Learned

What was the hardest thing for you to learn in life?

I think the hardest thing I've always had to learn is that I could not do a lot of what "normal" people could do. And that is still true today. Because of my heart and lung disease, I could never run around as much as the kids I went to school with. I couldn't go on a lot of rides at amusement parks. I couldn't learn to swim. There are still things today that I have a hard time doing, like taking longs walks, or doing things like vacuuming. There have been many times when I've pushed my limits anyway, and I usually regret it afterward because I end up feeling so lousy. So I've learned to deal with the fact that I'm not "normal" physically, but I certainly am normal mentally, and there a lot of things I can do! 

No comments: