Thursday, August 25, 2005

Question #83 - Birth Order

How did you like being the oldest, youngest or middle child? Did it have a particular advantage or disadvantage?

I am the oldest of 4 girls.  I guess in a lot of ways, I always had to be the responsible one, the one who was an example for my sisters. And while I do admit that I am responsible about a lot of things I do, I never wanted to feel that I had to be the one who my parents used as an example to talk to my sisters. It didn't happen often. But there have been many time where I haven't been responsible, and then I feel so guilty about it. That I'm supposed to be "perfect" in some way. All this being said, I don't consider it a disadvantage of being the oldest. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm the oldest. I guess it's the way we all behave and act with each other. Sometimes when we are together, it's like we're kids again!  I love my sisters with all my heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the oldest too. You are so lucky, I always wanted a sister. Not that I'd trade my brother in or anything like that :)