Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Question #89 - School

Describe a typical school day in junior high school.

I went to Catholic school all my life, and my junior high school was in the elementary building. In fact, all the grades were on one floor, the junior high classrooms all the way at the end of the hall. The big change we had to get used to was switching classrooms for some of our classes. I guess it was to get us used to what it would be like in high school. There's not really much to say about going to junior high. We had harder classes from the year before, and the same teachers as the year before. We also were the same class, many of the students in my class were ones I had been going to school with since pre-K. So I already knew them, the ones I didn't like, the ones who were my friends, etc. I would have to say, my class always knew how to get ourselves in trouble. And there were many pranks pulled by a lot of us...mostly the guys, and some of the girls. It was always interesting, and entertaining!  Some of the highlights I remember quite well:

~ Our 7th grade teacher was brand new, and used to sweat profusely under his arms. So some of the guys would bring Right Guard to class, and spray it in the ceiling fan when the teacher had his back turned. They would also have a radio playing in the back coat room, and tell the teacher it was coming from outside when he asked about it. And he believed it. *shaking head*

~ Sometimes, when there was a funeral in the church, we couldn't eat in the cafeteria since it would be noisy down there, and a lot of times the people at the funeral would go down there for refreshments. So that meant we'd have to eat in our classroom. One time, there were a few guys near the window looking out in the alley. Several minutes later, our one teacher (a nun) came storming upstairs, claiming the boys were shouting outside the window to a woman in the alley. When we asked what they were saying, the nun said, "How does mother f***er sound to you???"  I think we all dropped our jaw! Needless to say, we all had to stay away from windows whenever we ate up in the classrooms. (by the way, the lady in the alley was a person who was known for causing trouble...I know for sure the guys didn't yell out the window!!)

~Another memory was when we were able to watch movies the last week of school when we were in 8th grade. Someone brought in National Lampoon's European Vacation. Now, there is a certain scene in it when a girl opens her shirt and you see everything. When that scene showed up, our teacher (again, the nun!) went up and shut the movie off. She was furious! Somehow we got to finish watching the movie though!  LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I've never met a nun. They always seem foreign to me. All the nuns I've seen was on tv. But I would surely fall out to hear a nun say MotherF'er. OMG to funny.

Brenda