Thursday, September 22, 2005

Question #95 - Yards

Describe your yard as a child.  Did you help with yard work?

I had 2 yards growing up, a front and back. I know there are some people who only had one, or none even.  I had 2, and they were both used as areas to play with friends.  We had a swingset in the back for years, a pool for a few years. In the winter, my dad would snowplow huge hills in the back, and we'd sled down. That was so much fun!  We'd use both the front and back yards as places to play hide n seek, or capture the flag. We'd also use both yards to split up into teams, and create little skits to show off to each other. Usually the skits involved some sort of moral. They were rather interesting!  The yards definitely got some use!

While I did help with yard work, I probably shouldn't have with my health. But, I did!  I raked leaves, shoveled snow. I'd take forever doing it, too. I tried mowing the lawn once when I was a teen, but lasted only 2 turns before I felt so tired I thought I was gonna die. So, I've never mowed a lawn again!  lol  I also do not shovel, nor do I rake. It's a good thing I have landlords! 

No comments: