Friday, September 16, 2005

Question #94 - Advice

What is your advice to those younger than yourself?

When I hear of kids younger than me, like late teens or early 20s, wanting to get married right away, I have to say don't do it until you're at least 25.  When teens turn into young adults, they don't know who they are, it takes a while to discover that. I am glad I've had time to realize who I am as a person, and to not settle with someone just because I felt like getting married.  I also would tell them to not get married just because they got pregnant.  It's not always the "right thing to do."  I had a friend who did that, and the marriage is terrible. Their child is starting to react to the tension in the house.  Some more advice: love your family, be there for them. Family can truly help you through times of need.  Be kind to people, do not be judgmental. I know this is easier said than done. But I've often been judged by people who do not know me, and it hurts.  Another piece of advice: learn from your mistakes. Yes, we all make them, and it's a learning experience! 

No comments: