Sunday, May 1, 2005

Question #43 - Childhood Slaves

Where you ever responsible for any chores?  What were they?

Saturday was the day that my sisters and I had to do our chores before we could go out and play with our friends. Quite often, our chores were rotated every few months, so we wouldn't get bored doing the same thing every Saturday.  My chores often involved dusting everything, or cleaning the bathroom.  I think it's the reason I really hate those chores today.  lol  I never really got to do the vacuuming, because it made me too tired.  Same thing today, but I do try and do it anyway, just slowly.  We also had to take turns doing the dishes every night.  There were plenty of fights over whose turn it was, and who was going to wash and dry. We never got allowances for any of these chores, and my mom's reasoning was that we lived in the house, and needed to learn how to take care of things to keep it nice. I tend to agree with that.  I still hate chores, though.  lol

 

No comments: