Monday, November 3, 2008

Question #111 - Describe a time when you felt the spirit strongly.

When I was a little girl, my parents would often bring me to healing masses. I think they really hoped that bringing me to one of these masses would allow me to be completely healed, that I would be a whole person again, and wouldn't have to deal with my illness anymore. Most of the time while growing up, my parents (and eventually myself, when I got old enough to really understand my health issues) focused more on my heart than the fact I had PH. I think that was because no one really explained to any of us what PH was. Anyway, I remember that at one of the masses, I stood up with a line of people at the altar, waiting to be blessed by the priest. I don't remember exactly how old I was. Maybe 10 or 11, maybe 13. I just don't remember. What I DO remember is that when the priest put his hand on me for a blessing, I immediately fell backwards. I was caught by someone behind me, and they just laid me down on the floor. I could still hear people around me, but all I felt was an incredible warmth in my chest, right over my heart. I laid there for what seemed like forever, before I finally got up and went back to my parents. I told them what I was feeling, because that warmth over my heart was still there, and it was very strong. I was not healed, but then maybe I was. Perhaps not healed in the physical sense, but I believed that my belief in the Lord was solidified by feeling the warmth in my heart. I used to feel that warmth every once in awhile since then, but not for a very very long time. However, this past Sunday in church, for whatever reason, I felt that warmth for the first part of mass. I felt like a basket case during church, I couldn't get my tears to stop suddenly appearing, but that warmth just made me feel blessed all over again. Maybe the Lord was telling me that he is still here for me, whenever I need Him. It was just a wonderful feeling to have again.

2 comments:

Teddybear said...

I know how you feel and I believe that God was telling you He never left you or forsake you. Sometimes we don't get healed the way we want but we do get touched by Him just to let us know He is still there with us, the warmth you felt. I'm Crying so I hope this all came out right. Not sure which blog to follow this one caught my heart.

Anonymous said...

Wow..Colleen...what an amazing story..I feel the same that God was letting you know that he is here and will watch over you...

Love & Hugs,
Jen