Sunday, November 23, 2008

Question #127 - Describe my first driving experience.

My parents used to have a big station wagon when I could have gotten a driver's permit in high school. While I got my permit, I really didn't want to drive that car! It was too huge!! Unfortunately, that was the only car I could really practice with. But, I didn't get my driver's license until I was 20. By that time, my parents had bought a car for my sister, Lisa, and I to use. It was a 1987 Buick Skylark, and it was definitely smaller than the big station wagon! I remember going for my driver's license road exam. I was so worried about failing with the parallel parking, but I aced that. I got 2 marks against me, and I think one of them was for being too far left in the road. I passed the road test the first time, and I wanted my mom to drive home for some reason! I also remember on my first trip to my dad's workshop without an adult, I was at a light, and when it turned green, I turned left immediately without waiting for the other car who had the right of way. I was very lucky that I wasn't hit, but I realized it was such a stupid mistake, that I didn't do it ever again!! That was really what I remembered as part of my first driving experiences after I got my license!!

1 comment:

Teddybear said...

I have been driving for 26yrs and I still do not like to parallel park. So glad there was a smaller car to take the test with.

Congrats on passing on the first try, I know many who haven't - my son was one of them. Love Deb.