Sunday, November 16, 2008

Question #124 - Am I a good listener? How can I improve this?

A lot of people tell me I am a good listener. I like to be there for someone. If they are ranting and raving, or crying and upset, I am there to listen if they need me. So I'm not sure how much I can improve on that! What I CAN improve on is cutting off my mom when she's trying to tell me something. I do it often. I don't really do it on purpose, it's just kind of a reaction. I think I know what she is going to say, so I disagree right away, or say something else about it, and she gets rather irritated that I've cut her off. AGAIN. Sooo, I would say that I really need to try harder and let my mom finish talking and finishing her thoughts BEFORE I interrupt or respond!! I know she would soooo agree with me on this, too!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a great listener and communicator for all us Phriends..You do a wonderful job..no improvement needed IMO...If it ever gets too overwhelming or you need help let me know..I know I will not do as good as you but I will try and help..

Love & hugs,
Jen