Friday, November 14, 2008

Question #122 - What is your favorite music group? Why?

I love music, and I love a wide variety of music. The only music I really don't like is country, and heavy metal. Music helps me get into the mood to do stuff, like clean, or gets me out of a funk if I'm feeling yucky or irritated. I have a lot of musical talents that I really like, but there are a couple that just absolutely get me moving and grooving when I hear them. Janet Jackson is one artist who I've loved since I was a little girl. Whenever I felt sick, or really tired, I liked to listen to her songs, and I would perk up. I've seen Janet in concert twice, and the shows were well worth the ridiculous amount of money I paid!! I have Janet's music on everything from my computer to my phone, and it doesn't matter that I've heard the songs a thousand times. Every time I hear one, it's like it's the first time all over again!

I also love the Barenaked Ladies. They are a Canadian band that slowly grew popular in the U.S. I've seen them many times in concert, and they are the funniest band I've seen perform! Their songs are quirky and fun, and some of them don't make sense, but that is what's so entertaining about these 5 men! Yes, the Barenaked Ladies are a group of men, and NO they are not naked!!! LOL!

Simon & Garfunkel is another group I've loved since I was little, and that is because of my dad. He would always listen to the records, or sing along to one of their songs on the radio when I was little. Whenever I hear one of their songs today, I immediately think of my dad. I never ever thought I would see Simon & Garfunkel play live, considering they weren't even together anymore, until several years ago. They got together again for a tour, and I saw them live in Buffalo with my parents. I will never forget when they both came on stage at the beginning. I actually cried! And I don't cry that easily!! It was sooo emotional! Not only was I able to see them play TOGETHER, I was there with my dad. Out of all the concerts I've been to (and there have been a lot!), the Simon & Garfunkel one is on top of my list of favorites, for sure!

No comments: