Monday, April 18, 2005

Question #1

Describe your first job.  What did it pay? What was your duties? What was your boss like?

My first real job with a real paycheck was surprisingly not until I was going to college. I had babysitting jobs all during high school, but never anything more than that. I started working at the Financial Aid office as work study at the college I attended, the summer before I started classes.  I don't remember what it paid, maybe minimum wage? I know it increased slightly every year I was there.  I had to answer phones, help students out in the front, bring students in the back to see a financial aid counselor, file, and a whole bunch of other things. My boss was a wonderful lady, who entrusted me with a lot of duties the longer I was there.  In my 4 1/2 years there, I became very close to the people I worked with, and I still consider them my "family" away from home. I go back and visit quite often, too! 

No comments: