Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Question #30 - Rain, Rain, Go Away

Do you like rainstorms?  Do you have any memories connected with rain or storms?

I LOVE thunderstorms!  Especially ones at night.  I just love to sit in my living room with no lights and just listen to the rain and watch the sky.  There's something peaceful about it to me.  When I see that thunderstorms are a possibility, I usually hope we do have one.  lol 

My biggest memory of a bad thunderstorm, however, was in 1998.  I was still living at home, and I was on the front porch watching the rain fall.  Slowly it got harder and harder, and then it started hailing.  So I went inside.  The hail was coming down so hard, I thought glass was going to break!  And then suddenly, we heard a couple windows get smashed.  As this was going on, it suddenly dawned on me that my brand new car was out on the street, and probably not safe!  My mom said it would be fine.  When things finally calmed down, and people started venturing outside, I went to look at my car, and it so far from not being fine I wanted to cry!!  The hood and the top of my car were totally dented in.  The windshield was cracked.  I was so upset!!  Needless to say, that was one of the worst storms we had here.  But as bad as it was, I still love thunderstorms!

No comments: