Monday, April 18, 2005

Question #5 - Scouts

Did you belong to boy/girl scouts?  Tell something about that?

I was a Girl Scout for many years.  How many, I can't quite remember. But I did it for a while.  Somewhere around this place, I still have my badges on my green sash. The Girl Scouts were interesting, and most of the time, I liked being involved. The one event I remember is the first time I ever went camping in a tent. We went to a place called Darien Lake, and it was the first time many of the girls had camped out. We had to share a tent with one other girl. What I remember most was that it rained...I mean poured....that night, and I couldn't sleep for most of the night.  I was also so surprised at how the tent didn't leak any water!  However, we found out several days later, that just down the road at another campsite, 2 campers were killed when lightning hit their tent.  I remember thinking, why didn't any of my leaders make us sleep in the cars or something if it was that bad??  It just seemed awful!  That was my first camping experience, and I only went one other time since!

No comments: