Monday, April 18, 2005

Question #13 - 911

Do you remember any special events that took place in your neighborhood while you were growing up? (deaths, fires, accidents, etc)

I know we never had a fire in our neighborhood, although I do remember a time when I was left home to watch my baby sister (I was around 7 or 8 at the time) for about 15 minutes while my mom went to the store, the pot on the stove started smoking horribly, and I thought we were going to have a fire.  I got the pot off the stove, and put it on top of the wood cutting board my mom has (the burn mark is still there!).  I also opened the back door to let the smoke out of the kitchen.  Other than that, no fires that I recall, no accidents.  I still live on the same street I grew up on, only in a different house on the corner.  In the past few years, we have had a lot more police cars driving around, especially patrolling when schools let out.  Kids have certainly changed since I grew up. 

No comments: