Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Question #31 - Military

Did you serve in the military?  Where and when?  Share some experiences.

I have never been in the military, because I was never allowed to be in it.  However, that didn't stop the Army recruiters from calling my parents' house every month while I was a senior in high school, and starting out in college.  None of them seemed to get the fact that I had a disability!  Finally, when someone called while I wasn't home, my mom answered.  She told the recruiter that I was blind.  That put an end to the calls.  LOL

I do have to say that I have great respect for the military personnel of this country.  I had huge objections to the war in Iraq, but never once did I begrudge the soldiers fighting for us.  I honor them and thank them for doing this country proud!

No comments: