Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Question #28 - Living Differently

If you could live your life over, what would you do differently?

Some people would be surprised by my answer, but I wouldn't change a thing if I had to do it all over again.  I grew up, and am still living with, a heart and lung condition that I was born with.  It has been very difficult.  I went through childhood trying to be like any normal kid, even though I had alot of physical limitations that I pushed many times.  Later on, even though I went to school for teaching, when I eventually got the chance to do it, I had to quit a few years later because it was too taxing on my body.  That was devastating.  I've gone to doctors galore, and may one day even need a double lung transplant.  And I still wouldn't change anything??  No.  That is because it has made me who I am.  I am not some person looking for sympathy from everyone around me.  I am actually very hard-headed, which doesn't always help me.  lol  But I believe I've learned to appreciate everything around me, and the people I know.  I truly love my family and friends, and they are there for me when I need them. What I've gone through has made me a stronger person, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments: