Monday, April 18, 2005

Question #10 - Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Did it snow where you grew up?  What did you do in the snow?

I grew up near Buffalo, NY, so I would have to say we DEFINITELY had snow to play with when we were little!  I still live in the same area, but it seems our snowfalls aren't like they were when I was a kid.  My dad used to make a huge mountain of snow in our backyard to play with, using his snow plow.  We'd sled down the hill, make walls of snow, and collect icicles. We loved looking for icicles, we called them crystal shards after seeing the movie, The Dark Crystal.  We also made snow angels, one of my favorite things to do.  I also remember the one winter where one of my sisters fell from the railing on the front porch right into the middle of the bush that was there.  Ruined the poor thing, and it wasn't the same as the others for years.  It's  gone now, but the memory certainly was funny. lol

No comments: