Monday, April 18, 2005

Question #17 - Picnics!

Do you like picnics?  Have you been on any picnics that stick out in your mind?

I do like picnics, for the most part.  The only time I don't is when I know it's going to be a much cooler day than I'd like, then I have to dress like it's winter in order for me not to freeze.  Other than that, I do love picnics!  Especially if we go somewhere that has a beach.  I go for one at least a few times in the summer, it's great!

I remember one picnic we had when I was younger, when my cousins from Michigan came to visit with their parents.  We went to this state park, and after eating, we went to explore for a while.  There were these trees, I don't even know what they were called, that had these pod-like things hanging from every branch.  They were even all over the ground.  They looked like very long string beans.  We all decided to collect them, and see who could get the most. Our parents were a little shocked when we started coming back to the picnic table with these things gathered in our arms.  I know there are pictures, I have seen them.  lol  I think we were all rather disappointed, however, when we weren't allowed to bring any back home with us.  Oh, and I don't remember who won the contest, but we sure did gather up a lot of those things!! 

No comments: