Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Question #27 - World Event

What do you feel has been the most significant world event that has taken place during your lifetime, and why?

I'm sure this answer is the same for many of us, but for me, the most significant event has been 9/11.  I woke up that day by a phone call from my mom, telling me that the Twin Towers were hit by planes.  By the time I got to the tv and started watching, the Pentagon had also been hit.  I was glued to the tv almost all day, and it was only when all the politicians were singing together that I totally broke down and cried.  The world became a changed place after that.  Living right at the border of Canada, there were many things we needed to suddenly watch out for.  It was a terrible time, with such a sense of loss and sadness.  I do think it made us stronger, though.  Communities came together to comfort each other, and it was a wonderful feeling.  I hope no one in any country lives through that again.

No comments: