Monday, April 18, 2005

Question #25 - Grandparents

Did you have a close relationship with your grandparents?  Tell about them.

I grew up seeing my grandpa on my dad's side more often than seeing my grandma on my mom's side. That was mainly because my grandpa lived about 10 minutes away from us, wheras grandma lived 3 hours away. I never knew my grandma on my dad's side, because she passed away before my parents met.  And my grandpa on my mom's side died when I was very little.  So, Grandpa S. and Grandma K. were the grandparents I knew.  I feel that I was close with them, although I often wish I  had asked for more stories to tell us about their lives. My Grandma is still alive, and I do ask her things now, but my Grandpa passed away 11 years ago.  I have fond memories of him, and the stories my dad tells us of things and times he remembers.  I do know that it took a long time for me to get over his death, although now I go to the cemetary often just to say hello. My Grandma likes to visit often, and we go down to see her. She will probably go on for quite a while since she is so darn healthy, and looks nothing like her age!

No comments: